BREAKFAST ALL DAY BURGER
BurgerFi Restaurant Copycat Recipe
2 bacon strips
1/4 onion, diced
1 teaspoon kosher salt
your favorite cheese
hash browns, cooked
1 teaspoon maple syrup
In a skillet on medium heat, cook the bacon strips until crispy. Remove the strips to plate lined with paper towels. Keep the fat in the skillet. Cook onion in bacon fat until caramelized. Remove and set aside.
Sprinkle kosher salt on both sides of the burger patty. Cook the patty in the skillet to your desired temperature. Melt the cheese on top. Remove patty from skillet and set aside.
Pan fry or deep fry hashbrowns until golden brown and crispy. Remove and set aside.
In the skillet, cook the egg for 2 to 3 minutes on each side for a medium soft center.
Toast the buns. Add a swirl of ketchup on each bun. Layer the onions, hashbrowns, burger patty, egg, and bacon onto one bun. Add some maple syrup onto the bacon. Add the top bun to the burger and serve.
Five tips from BurgerFi:
1. Cook the egg to a medium soft center. When you bite into the sandwich the egg yolk pops and creates a delicious sauce.
2. Seasoning is the life of the food. Use a coffee grinder to grind hwole peppercorns and mix with kosher salt for the most flavorful results.
3. Butter and toast your buns. The butter adds flavor and toasting the buns keeps them from getting soggy.
4. Looking to lost the bun? Wrap burgers in lettuce and load your burger with grilled veggies for a healthier alternative.
5. Cheeses make all the difference. It’s okay if you like to play it safe with a standard American slice, but switching out this option with cheeses such as gouda, blue cheese and brie can add bursts of flavor to your creation.